Learn how to use Newsgroups and Usenet!
1000's of people from around the world upload a variety of digital material to the binary Usenet every day .. learn how to obtain this material using the CanadianAlien tutorial.
If you have a high-speed DSL or cable internet connection you have access to a mind-boggling array of digital material from around the world.
This is not the world wide web. It is the "underground internet" often called the binary Usenet or Newsgroups. Only 5% of internet users know how to use the binary Usenet.
- What is the Usenet?
- What Kind of Stuff Can You Find in the Binary Usenet?
- Where Does this Binary Material Come From?
- Introduction to Access Binary Usenet
- Enter News Server Address
- Download/Upload Caps and Limits
- Buy Newsgroup Access From Newsgroup Service Providers
- Public Newsgroup Access
- Introduction to View Binary Usenet
- WWW Newsgroup Access and Search Engines
- News Server Message Encoding
- File Breakdown Into Parts
- Threaded Versus Un-Threaded Messages
- Introduction to Download from Binary Usenet
- NZB files
- Damaged and Missing Segments
- Asking For Reposts
- Sorting and Filtering
- Queuing Files
- Introduction to Extract/UnRAR Binary Files
- NFO and SFV Files
- WinRAR RAR Sets
- Repair Damaged and Missing Segments
- PAR Files
- REV Files
- Introduction to View, Play, Use Binary Files
- Watch Video
- CD File Formats
- View Picture Images
- Hear Audio Files
- Read eBooks
- Use Software
8: Diagram of Usenet File Flow for an overview of the entire file upload and download "cycle". It shows a hypothetical file going from the poster's computer to their news server, then to your computer.